Leave it to Dave $tokes to mellow your night with smooth rhymes and rhythmic melodies. $tokes, 23, is an up-and-coming, underground rapper based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. His music embodies soulful stories with a southern twang and an easy going vibe. Rapping since the age of 13, $tokes has released three mixtapes, dozens of singles, more than four music videos and produced a vast array of beats.
As a current manager & artist for Ncrwd Committee Inc, $tokes is garnering a huge buzz via Spotify, Soundcloud, and Tidal, amouting over 500,000 streams and still rising daily. As a well-known underground entertainer, $tokes has performed his music at a series of events including fashion shows, charity events, concerts and showcases from Baton Rouge to New Orleans.
Project titled “3RD” is $tokes’ latest music release. Every track has a completely unique, original sound and more than likely, an original beat. The mixtape demonstrates $tokes’s tremendous growth and development since his last project release. It is clear that $tokes has discovered his sound and is working to master the art of making music—not songs.
Next up for release will be “To The Bay”, an album reflecting on $tokes life in his hometown, along with stories of different ventures to the west coast region.
- Bust Down is track #3 (unofficial). The visual was shot in New Orleans, La with AdamVo.
- Omw (On My Way) is track #6 (unofficial). The visual will be shot in Los Angeles, with AdamVo.
- French Tips is track #7 (unofficial). This visual will be shot in Baton Rouge, La.
- Different blog, TV licensing, and company placement will be targeted in attempt to garner an array of demographics which will be funneled to the website and social media platforms, eventually enabling different ways of revenue and growth towards following physically.
- Revenue gained from streaming, merchandise, and outlier sources will go towards leasing venues and booking talent relative to the kind of music “To The Bay” conveys, which lead to opening up and selling merchandise with the potential of featuring diff musicians to form a system of networking and revenue building.